Shortage of iPad Mini stock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LanEvo, Oct 27, 2012.

1. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Hey guys, do you think there will be a shortage on launch day? I wanna pick up a second, and debating of going in-store or pre-ordering another? I do not live very near an Apple store (nearest one being an hour away)

I was reading a few articles and it said there may be one due to shortage of LCDs and parts. What do you guys think?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I think there will be plenty. Hell, the 32 and 64 black are still available for shipping on the 2nd.

3. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

There was plenty of iPad 3's. The scalpers will not be burned again. My guess is that you will be able to stroll into the store and pick one up with no trouble.

4. MakX macrumors member

In the US, probably not. I doubt any stores here in NZ will get more than 50 or so units, but that's always the case. Got my 2 week pre-order, that'll have to do :)

5. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

why wouldn't you just pre order it and not have to worry about it in the first place?

6. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I think Apple is reaching the saturation point on tablets and there will be enough to go around. Like the other poster said, they are STILL give the original delivery date on orders placed now. This tells there are plenty.

7. profets macrumors 601

I think stock will be ok at the stores as well. Even with the 3rd gen iPad which had the new screen they seemed to have tons of stock at the time.

The only interesting part of it is why pre-ordering for the white ran out within 17 minutes in the US and outside the US they began with 2+ week delivery.