Shortcut for more Brightness Control?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by striker9, Jun 27, 2009.

1. striker9 macrumors member

Does anyone know the shortcut which gives you more fine tuning of the brightness on the macbooks? I found it awhile back on a YouTube video, but now I am having no luck. Greatly appreciated!

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

3. striker9 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that was the first place I checked. However, its not even listed in the official list :mad:

The regular brightness on the mb/mbp's jump from one "block" to the next, however with the key shortcut I saw in the video, it would only change the brightness a 1/3 block, similar to the apple displays.

4. ddoonie macrumors regular

I am fairly certain there is nothing for brightness, natively, on the mac. There is for audio, shift+option+volume control.

5. Maccleduff macrumors regular

Maybe try a program like Shades?

"Shades is a utility for controlling the brightness of your screen. It runs in the background providing easy control over the brightness of your display via a slick Mac-like interface, with greater dynamic range and finer granularity than the built-in controls."

You can also set your own shortcut keys for changing the brightness.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'm not gonna try out Shades above, but I'll just throw this in anyway: the finer 1/3 block control for brightness control I believe was reserved for Apple's Cinema Displays, and the laptops didn't have that level of granularity built in.

Will be interested if Shades does work out esp since it hasn't been updated in 1.5 years.