shortcut icon on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by siddiqug, Jul 21, 2008.

1. siddiqug macrumors newbie

I have to create shortcut icon on iphone Home Page, which should link with a url in network. Is it possible for someone to provide me the code/idea
    I also need to use my company logo on this shortcut and want customers to download this shortcut from mobi site.

Please let me know. Any kind of comments is helpful

Thanks
    Ghaz

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

If that page is accessible through safari you should be able to just make a bookmark for it. You can define the image used when people drop bookmarks on their home screen.

3. siddiqug thread starter macrumors newbie

shortcut icon on iphone

If we think from customer experience point of view I would only want to send one url to automatically perform all the above task as mentioned in your attached email.

1 – customer click on some particular link
    2 - it should automatically create a shortcut icon on iphone home screen with my company logo.

Is it possible? ?

thanks
    ghaz

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I don't think it is, I believe they would have to navigate to the page you want your customers to put on the home screen and then manually add it.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If I was your customer, I'd be pretty annoyed that you were adding stuff to my phone without verifying it with me...which is what the iPhones "create shortcut" function would do.

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

What's your website? Remind me never to visit it. If the customer wants to bookmark your site they will it's bad business to force it on them.

7. mciarlo macrumors 6502

mciarlo

Create a 58px x 58px image (you can use a square image) and upload it to your server. Then place the following code into the <head> section of your document.

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://icon-image-link-goes-here"/>

This will create a nice icon if they bookmark the site on their iPhone.

8. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

You want to know his site to know never to visit it? thats smart... :rolleyes: