Shortcut to get to app switcher?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by kat.hayes, Jun 7, 2016.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

Without having to double tap on the home button, what is the short cut to get to the app switcher?

Thanks.

2. C DM, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016

C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Well, that is essentially the shortcut. For 3D Touch devices there's also a force press and/or slide from left to right gesture that will do it as I recall. And there's likely an Assistive Touch option that can be used for it too.

3. ashindnile macrumors 6502

You can use Assistive Touch to simulate hardware keys that don't work, it might serve your purpose.
    If you have an iPad, you can swipe up with four fingers.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

There is no shortcut. either double tap the home button or add a virtual home button to your screen using the accessibility option.

5. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

With 3D touch, when you press into the very left edge of the screen, the app switcher will then "pop" open.

6. JMarkNY macrumors newbie

JMarkNY

It depends which device you're using. I believe if you have a 6S, you can do it by pressing into the left edge as the previous poster suggested otherwise double tapping really IS the shortcut.

7. SunnySharma__ macrumors member

To me, the most easiest of the alternatives is to enable assistive touch, customise it and remove all the options except for the home button. This way it behaves the way as the physical home button and you dont have to do more than one tap on assistive touch to perform the same actions.