Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustDC

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
Bizarre. This worked initially; had F8 assigned to Launch Pad. But after restart, it stopped working, and now, no combination of keys will work :S

Man, I thought I was the only one having this stupid problem...

tur

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
assign shortcut for launchpad

:) helped me thanks.. strange you should have to search out such an obvious thing

go to system prefs, keyboard. Then click Launchpad and Dock. Then un-tick and re-tick the Launchpad option and it will give you opportunity to assign a keyboard shortcut. I've gone for Command Option L

hope this helps someone

sroberson

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
go to system prefs, keyboard. Then click Launchpad and Dock. Then un-tick and re-tick the Launchpad option and it will give you opportunity to assign a keyboard shortcut. I've gone for Command Option L

hope this helps someone

Thanks for this tip. Something slightly odd that took me a while to figure out was that you may not be able to set the shortcut keys using an external keyboard on a MacBook. I had to use the MacBook keyboard rather than a wireless keyboard before I could get it to work properly.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.