Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoBoMac

Original poster
Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Some complaints (including myself) starting here with latest Shortcuts in iOS 16. For me, been a couple of nuisance issues, primarily Automations occasionally not running on schedule. But in one day, experienced a couple of nasty issues and wondering if others are seeing similar (I did file feedbacks on this).

A shortcut that has worked for many months, no changes in that time frame to it, ran earlier in the day, two hours later does not run. I go into the Shortcut to see what's going on and try to modify a thing or two for debugging and suddenly all Actions disappear.

And had a Shortcut where, again, ran earlier (yesterday) with no issue, but later (today), fails. This time, a Text value/type being passed to an Action was changed to a Date type. Again, something that's been running for ages, no changes, and boom.

ADD: and had a Shortcut where a value that was being input into an Action of a Shortcut was blank.

Anyone else running into problem where Shortcuts app is "changing" Shortcuts?

Questions done. PSA time.

Lucky for me I backup my Shortcuts once a week, so can retrieve the problematic Shortcut(s) from backup and put back into place. So if using Shortcuts, might want to get into a backup habit. Basic intro-to steps:

Code:
Get My Shortcuts Action: Ask Each Time for folder
Repeat with Each Shortcut
    Save <RepeatItem> to <folder>
end repeat

Last edited:

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
I have only one automation running at set time, the rest are on demand. The time based is working properly - every Sunday 21:00 is asks to start generation of weekly health stats psf graph.

Since iOS 16, less reliable working is shortcut where I start Fitness Activity on AW from the same shortcut run on phone. It works properly (all the times) only at home.

I had no problems with shortcuts changing by itself or automations. But will look over it.
For sure they are executed faster on AW and iPhone.

I used hours from date like this (see attachments)

Attachments

• CCF9F900-D660-45C7-BF8E-C0E322A20D05.png
    CCF9F900-D660-45C7-BF8E-C0E322A20D05.png
    199.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 8C7BC852-ACF1-41A6-9E3A-BFFDCBCB2212.png
    8C7BC852-ACF1-41A6-9E3A-BFFDCBCB2212.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.