Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
There is an option to Show in Widget... which widget is that.. Notification Center?
When I enable Notification Center widget for Shortcuts app it shows many shortcuts even those for which this Show in Widget is not enabled and shows available Shortcuts in some random order every time (actually WorkFlows carried over from previous installation of WorkFlow app in iOS11)

That’s exactly how it works.

Tap the little button on your Shortcut page

789e0d2cd9eb54cd8905d2fe02ee6905.png

Then tap on Siri phrase and create whatever phrase you want to use for Siri to invoke your Shortcut.

e7316b9e7b435697378ba24b733f2037.png

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
There is an option to Show in Widget... which widget is that.. Notification Center?
When I enable Notification Center widget for Shortcuts app it shows many shortcuts even those for which this Show in Widget is not enabled and shows available Shortcuts in some random order every time (actually WorkFlows carried over from previous installation of WorkFlow app in iOS11)

The area where the widgets appear is called the “Today View”, which is accessed by swiping right from the first home screen. Notification Center is when you pull down from the top of the screen. I’m not sure why widgets that you did not check are appearing there, but the Shortcuts app is still a work in process.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Those widgets are the same as which appear on Notification Center and swiping right. When I click on Add, it shows Shortcuts App widget but not individual shortcuts widgets separately. Is that how it's supposed to work?
The area where the widgets appear is called the “Today View”, which is accessed by swiping right from the first home screen. Notification Center is when you pull down from the top of the screen. I’m not sure why widgets that you did not check are appearing there, but the Shortcuts app is still a work in process.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Yes, they appear as a group in the Shortcuts widget (never get to that page that way and forgot you could!).

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Here are a few shortcuts that I have made, mostly inspired by others, simple but fairly useful.

Safari screen time bypass - This shortcut allows you to browse on safari using shortcuts as a bypass, you can change the menu and related action to the website of your choice.

Shortcuts must be allowed 24/7 in order to bypass any screen time blocks.

UPDATED*** updated it to allow for manual input of websites.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/77f7ea7c23df41749f5abe38d2ae74a0

Selective shortcut sharing - A shortcut for sharing only selected shortcuts, allows you to select shortcuts to share while leaving out others with more sensitive or personal data included.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/0936f1c6374f4379bfbc6c7c69fe4fc2

QR Code shortcut sharing - Allows you to share your shortcuts via QR Code.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/9ca308063b8a41fca6f43330ef52044e

Last edited:

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
At the bottom of the Shortcuts widget it shows Customize in Shortcuts app, clicking on which takes you to the app where you can choose which Shortcuts to be displayed in the widget. So this way you don't have to open each Shortcut individually and select whether to show it in the widget or not.

lansa

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Trying to setup a shortcut with the last step being 'Open Apple TV Remote App'. Problem is, the app doesnt show up in the list of available apps. Every otehr app on my phone shows up except Apple TV Remote. Anybody else see this?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Trying to setup a shortcut with the last step being 'Open Apple TV Remote App'. Problem is, the app doesnt show up in the list of available apps. Every otehr app on my phone shows up except Apple TV Remote. Anybody else see this?

Works for me (though I do have to add that I am on the Shortcuts 2.1 beta).

9e77d5153a6c73676aec4b4a20270c76.png

jpirone

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2008
I’m having trouble renaming photos using variables. If I use the set name function when I use the take a photo function then do a quick look at the name, the name comes up as the variable value, but the system file name still comes back as the img_1234.jpg name if I try to use the quick look after the save to album. In the example shown, the first quick look shows the set name of photo, but the second quick look shows a file named img_The weird thing is the little feedback screen at the end of the script shows the name I set it to but then when I click on the full screen icon, the title bar shows the system name and nothing else is in the window. This is driving me nuts, there has to be a way to replace the system name of the image when saving a photo. Sorry didn’t realize you couldn’t embed uploaded images on here.

Szabolcs

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2018
Does anyone know how I can make a shortcut to search another app like hey Siri search the Bible app for this verse?

Reactions: Jaggrey

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
I have made a connectivity shortcut, toggles Airplane Mode (with pass code), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Mobile Data (with pass code), all seems to work fine.
When I toggle Wi-Fi or Bluetooth I get option for On and Off and they work fine, setting changes and I go about what I was doing, but when I toggle Airplane Mode and Mobile Data it asks for pass code and all works fine, but once task is complete the Shortcuts App opens and I’m now in the app with all my shortcuts, how do I stop the app from opening?

Thanks,
Adam.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I played around with the new Weather shortcuts for current weather. But how do you use it for Hourly/Daily? In show results the weather conditions shows the same variables and nothing for daily or hourly.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
Very nice!

Can you explain what you’re doing in the first section? Looks like you’re calling a different shortcut - UpdateKit - which seems to be a routine to update shortcuts you may have downloaded ? Is that necessary for this shortcut?

b8c0a59d7daf8196e4af57f137f9c4b9.jpg
Hi, that was a test to do an auto update of the shortcut, it is no longer in th latest version of the shortcut.. https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/45a5554b6c9d48cfb54f32be156dc64a

Edited original post to add new version.

Adam.

Reactions: gwhizkids

makr

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2016
Any idea if I can turn on VPN with this shortcuts?
I couldn't find any option in the app regarding iOS VPN.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.