Shortcuts help

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by richxps, Oct 10, 2018.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

can someone tell me how to create a short cut to run - find my friends and notify when a person leaves a location ?

Unless can I have this set in find my friends as a ongoing notification?

Thanks

2. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

Shortcuts will not run anything automatically. You will always need to trigger a Shortcut. Right now, there are no "Find My Friends" actions. The best you can do is have it open Find My Friends (using one of the Siri Suggested Shortcuts, which will appear after you've used Find My Friends).

3. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Find Friends has a native notify when they leave a location feature. It may have to be reset every time though.

4. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

5. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

That is correct.

6. mritech macrumors regular

I need help too. I want Waze (or any app for that matter) to open without having to press ok also. How can I do that?[​IMG][​IMG]

7. 3rdiguy macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

This is what I was looking for as well. My fiancee and I use Find My Friends and she gets off work late when I'm not home. If there was a way to automate the process of setting up the notification each day that would be great.

8. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

I have this same set up and if I press the shortcut button for it (or the widget), it goes straight to Waze with no dialogue asking ok.

9. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

NoBoMac

Re: run prompt for launching apps: I believe you only get that on the first time run as a widget and first time in Shortcuts. Once you Ok, will run without prompt from then on.

Kinda like on MacOS prompts for newly installed downloaded programs, or on iOS where you get "xyz wants to use location", "wants to send Notifications".

10. mritech macrumors regular

Omg that was it thanks. I did the test runs before saving it and didn’t try just using it. This is great. No more weather or Waze widget for me. Just the shortcuts. Those 2 widgets I can put 12 more apps to open from the notification screens.

Thanks again

11. Wide opeN, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Wide opeN macrumors 65816

Wide opeN

Anyone have problems launching shortcuts via Siri in an automobile via Bluetooth!?

I spoke my commands (Go Home) via the method stated above but each time it would treat it like a normal Siri request and say I can't find your home address and then try to launch Apple Maps, which I've NEVER (will) use(d).

Then when I got home this evening and spoke the commands to the phone directly, the shortcut launched as I set it up with no problem.

WTF!?!!?!? anyone else experience similar!?

TIA