Shortcuts office for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iCedric, Oct 17, 2009.

  1. iCedric macrumors newbie

    Oct 17, 2009
    Can someone tell me if there is a shortcut in Word 2008 for Mac, to go to the end of you document or the beginning of it (the "end" and "home" functions of the apple keyboard). I have a macbook pro and don't find these shortcuts.
    I discovered that fn+down is one pag down and fn+up is one page up. But a shortcut to the end of the document I did not found. In Firefox and Safari, cmd+down or cmd+up is end and home. But not in office.

    I also saw that it is possible to add your own shortcuts in office, and I did so for "new page". In windows it was ctrl+enter, and in mac there was no shortcut set so I made it simpley cmd+enter. Maybee it is possible to add an "end" and "home" shortcut in office yourself?

    If there is no default set for "end" and "home", maybee someone can tell me how to set it myself in word? Because I'm not finding that either :p.

    Thx in advance!
  2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020


    Mar 12, 2006
    Rural America
    Because a laptop doesn't have a full keyboard (as a desktop would), just use the function keys.

    Home is fn + left arrow.
    End is fn + right arrow.
  3. iCedric thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 17, 2009
    But that is on the same line, and not in the document.
    the fn+lef/right arrow does the same as cmd+lef/right arrow. It goes to the beginning or the end of the line you are.
    It is not that it goes to the last page of your document or to the beginning of your document.
  4. madamshome macrumors newbie

    Nov 13, 2009
    Go to end of page

    It's opt + fn + →

    Thanks to the poster who answered this earlier, it had been driving me crazy.
  5. iCedric thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 17, 2009
    Yes it is! Thx a lot! I was looking for this combination so long! You're great!

Share This Page