Shortening MBP Supplies and New Release

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kamil.amersi, Jan 26, 2011.

1. kamil.amersi macrumors member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering - how long do you think the current inventory with third party resellers and apple stores would last without replenishment? I was thinking around a month. After that time whatever stock stores are holding would be likely to run out and awaiting apple to "turn on the tap".

Assuming that there was a conscious effort to stop supply of mbp to apple stores and third party resellers - i.e the supply shortage is not a glitch - I was thinking that in a months time all existing stocks should dry out. that takes us to end of feb. Now alot of reports were saying that the refresh will happen around April at earliest. if the exisitng stock is cleaned up in a month, Im thinkng that apple wouldnt go 2 months without sales, so it would be immed after the end of feb.

Does this make sense or would the exisitng stock of mbp's in the market take a lot longer than 1 month to clear. what do you guy think?

2. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

The article that stated an April MBP release was full of crap. It was obviously half heard, misunderstood info that was made up into a story. I would expect MBPs out by early March at the latest.

Dual core sandy bridge processors are released on the 20th of Feb, from memory. Expect MBPs very soon after.