Shorter Charger?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RossMacca, Dec 8, 2010.

1. RossMacca macrumors regular

I have a white MacBook (summer 2008), and I'm finding the charger is far longer than I need it to be in most circumstances. I've seen a few people with a shorter one, basically, it's the same as half of mine and it connects straight into the socket instead of another longer cable before it reaches the socket.

Is this only for newer models? If not, where do I get one?

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

The people you're referring to that use a shorter cord have removed the cord and attached the socket adapter directly to the magsafe which plugs directly into the wall.

You should have received this adapter with your macbook (assuming you bought it new).

3. RossMacca thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, that's what I thought, but I don't remember getting one of them. I still have the box back home so I'll have a look next time I'm home. Thanks.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Usually the duckhead plug is not already attached. At least it hasn't been in any Apple notebook I've bought. Did you buy it used?

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

If you've lost yours, you can get the small adaptor from Apple or Amazon or Ebay. They're about the size of a box of matches. The adaptor from an iBook will work.

Apple sells a box of international adaptors which lets you plug in your power charger globally.

6. RossMacca thread starter macrumors regular

Nah, I bought it new. You're probably right, I likely just used it the way it came and didn't notice the other adapter in the box.

While I'm on this subject, I lost my iPhone 4 charge adapter (USB -> 3 pin UK), the very small slim one. Are these cheap to replace?

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato