Shot another music video. Any feedback would be great!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by acearchie, Jun 16, 2014.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hey guys,

The feedback from the last one I shot was great so I thought I would ask again!

Shot in 6 hours with a crew of 2.5 (as someone had to leave half way through!). Also shot overnight so I was knackered by the time we finished!

http://vimeo.com/98186020

Any comments are good comments!

Cheers.

2. axehedge macrumors newbie

Gorgeous cinematography there. Love the retro TV. :)

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

4. salacious macrumors 6502a

so if you remember me, il give feedback...

having seen an earlier video of yours https://vimeo.com/85154610

I personally think you have taken a step backwards or not progressed at all as a filmmaker on this project, how much control over the story you had is the major breaking point for me.

Pros:

Shot very nicely, colouring was nice.

Cons: lacks engagement, the bouncing went on and on and on and on and on, had it been different cuts coming back to it then i wouldnt have minded, but i felt like you bum shuffled over and hit record then did it again.

the story was ok but nothing surprising, its an ok video, but i saw a lack of imagination, I saw no spark, to be honest I thought you would have excelled highly since that video but now im really disappointed for you.

I say these words with the biggest mean in my heart to see you do well, im extremely honest and hate my own work, just felt you could have done better and dont know why you didnt.

its not terrible and is ok, but thats all it is in my opinion.

If i had to take a guess I would have said the budget for this was less than £200 if that, depending on whether you had to hire out a camera.

5. azpekt macrumors regular

I loved the way its filmed. Not an director, so I`ll say nothing about dramaturgy :)

What shooting gear were you using? What lighting?

6. MarcBou macrumors regular

I agree with him, the one before looks much better than this one.