Shot in the dark - PPC weather app?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hughmac, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

I still have 2 PPC machines - the office iMac G5 and an iBook G4, both running Leopard.

Both were running Weatherdock until a couple of months ago when it suddenly stopped finding the weather info.
    I was using it on all my Macs including Intel machines running Snow Leopard and Mavericks, and it has stopped working across the board. Intel is no problem as I just found another app in the store.

The only other app I can find is Meteo and that died long ago; I used it before I found Weatherdock.

Does anybody know of any dock or menu bar weather apps still working for PPC machines?

Cheers :)

Hugh

2. Hughmac thread starter macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Would you mind another alternative? And one that isn't really an app, but can provide you info at a glance from any app?

If you use Yahoo Widgets (yes, it still works on Leopard) you can use either their default weather widget (it still works) or Widescape Weather. I used the latter and it's a forecast bar that provides the high and lows for each day (and if you hover over a day it will give you the forecast).

There's also the developer trick to put Dashboard widgets on the desktop as well.

So, not apps, but there are some other options.

4. Hughmac thread starter macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

Thanks for that ↑, Eric; I already have the weather widget in Dashboard, and a hot corner to open Dashboard up.
    I was looking for a dock or menu weather display, a little more unobtrusive, and Weatherman does both.

I'm happy as long as this continues :)

Cheers :)

Hugh