Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
London
To cut a long story short (before telling a long story) I am considering buying a so called 'professional' shotgun mic off of eBay just to see if they're any good what so ever. Just wondering if anyone has done this before so as to save me £25!

I have a strong feeling (well, i know!) it will be as crap as the mini-dvi to HDMI adapter i brought from amazon, but i was thinking what the heck... there could be a small chance it might impress for the price?!

I have proper £500 condenser mics available to me at work but i just fancied finding out if anyone knew what these babys sound like!!

Example Link

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
London
Haha! I imagine so!

Looks like we've had no previous buyers so it looks like i might have to give it a go!! I'm guessing a tinny hollow sound with quite alot to alot of crackling due to poor wiring... but you don't know until you try!

I'll report back if its actually any good... It can have some proper rigourous testing (if it lasts that long!) and comparisons to some decent stuff like akg c747s etc.

EDIT: Btw your avatar is awesome Courtaj!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.