Shotless Goals in Mario Strikers Charged, Cheap or Fair?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Aug 30, 2007.

?

Are shotless goals in Mario Strikers Charged cheap or fair?

1. Cheap

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Fair

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I'm curious, who thinks that the goals made in Mario Strikers Charged without shooting the ball (jumping, teleporting, etc into the goal) are cheap, and who thinks they're fair?

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

If both teams have the capability to score goals like this – and all the players seem to have crazy abilities – then I'd say they're perfectly fair.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never see that happen before :eek: does sound cheap, but perfectly allowed. Like snaking in Mario Kart DS.

4. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

It depends on the situation of the game, being beaten by someone who is blatantly worse than you by it is frustrating, otherwise its fair, also if you are giving them a proper hiding. :)

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Totally fair; the characters that are capable of doing such usually have really bad shots, anyway.

I do it all the time, and an intelligent player knows exactly which characters are capable of performing such moves and how to block it.

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Wow, you and your friends suck, Jimmi! :D You said in the last thread that you never pull of megastrikes, too!

We need to play online, I'd make you cry :D

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I can't pull them off 'cuz my rivals are getting too good at cancelling my Megastrikes too soon :eek:

8. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I'm torn right now. Some of them seem ok, such as toad jumping over, but have you seen dry bones corner teleport? The idea is that he goes into the corner by the goal, and teleports through the wall into the goal to bypass the goalie. That one seems wrong to me, as the goalie isn't given a chance to block him like he is with toad. Also, I recently went up against a person playing Daisy. Perhaps it was just my imagination, but her teleport seems to go further than most. There were several cases where she was far outside of the goalie box, but was still able to teleport into the goal. Not just behind the goalie, but well into the goal. That seems a bit much for me.

Oh, and I have dibs on playing Jimmy after Praxis takes him on. :)

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Fair, anyone can do them.

I love jumping over w/ Toad

10. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

You've never seen a megastrike dude? :confused: That's the main aspect of the game pretty much.

11. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I think he means a shotless goal. I would really hope he's seen a megastrike :), though most of my goals don't come from them. Decent players can block them without too much difficulty.