Shots changing in FCP sequence when exporting quicktime

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by calicrill, Aug 11, 2009.

1. calicrill macrumors newbie

I shot 1080i 29.97 on DVC PRO tape.

I captured the footage, and edited a sequence that is fully rendered.

When I try to export a quicktime to post on the internet, it changes my in and out points, and inserts the wrong shots (Most, but not all of them).

All 6 tapes were shot with the same specs, and captured with the corresponding specs as well.

Also, I can not successfully lay my sequence off to tape with my DVCPRO HD deck.

I thought I would just lay it off, then re-digitize, and then maybe I could export that quicktime, but no dice.

Anyone wanna tackle this extremely stressful situation?

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

What version of FCP? I'm starting to experience some similarly bizarre behavior in FCP 7, though my shifts are happening when I take a clip from the viewer to the timeline

3. calicrill thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using FCP 6

4. djkirsten macrumors regular

I know you said the sequence is fully rendered but i'd trash the renders, restart the mac, re-render, and then try again. Sometimes FCP will "put a render file where it shouldn't be" and then during playback it'll seem as though clips aren't where they should be....in short these are "corrupt" render files. Then export a native QuickTime (so DVCPro or whatever) from File - Export - QuickTime Movie (not through Compressor, not through QT conversion).

Hope that does the trick.

5. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Ive had similar things and think that djkirsten is right.

Its annoying after a 5 hour export but once I had re-rendered and restarted all was back in place.

As long as the sequence looks good in the timeline the export should eventually be fine ;)