Should apple bring back waiting inline iphone launch ?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadtui, Jul 29, 2016.

1. ipadtui Suspended

ipadtui

I really like the old way first come first serve waiting in line for new iphone launch day ... i think it make
    iphone more important than ever , not like now everyone just click for reservation , understand it easy check out but ,,, the old way is show more fun ...

who agree ?????

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I've never actually tried to get an iPhone on the launch day so I'm not fully familiar with the process, but is there anything stopping you from lining up? They have units in store for walk ins, they're not all put aside for reservations, right? So it's still first come first serve for those units, isn't it? So I thought people still lined up.

I saw a line at my local Apple Store when the 6s launched, and that was after I got off work in the evening, so I assume there was a line all day.

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I have always gone to a store for any phone I bought. But, reservations are ok. Most people have better things to do than wait hours in line. Or, so I would hope--

4. phoneme macrumors member

i never ever seen a line at launch at my local apple store

5. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

This was great in the early days when there was truly innovation in the new products. I went from a 4 to a 4s because of Siri. The excitement of the Apple staff and the people waiting was a lot of fun. The staff would pass out food and goodies to those of us in line.
    I actually miss those days........Oh, I thought Angela was going to bring those days back......(Where is she?)

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Irrelevant for me, as I would never wait in line for a mobile phone.

My time/life is worth more than that.

7. ipadtui thread starter Suspended

ipadtui

i think waiting inline is classic , something is interesting ... remembering iphone 3-4 popular of course credit related waiting inline on that period ,

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I have no idea what that means.

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I wouldn't either, but to be fair, I think the line experience is enjoyable to a lot of people, which is what the OP is getting at. Some people consider fishing or golf boring wastes of time, but others live for them.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I definitely understand that. My time is worth more than that; others' isn't. Just my .02.

11. machtv macrumors regular

well your always welcome to join the samsung galaxy "s" and "note" series line lol...

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Well, no. It's not to say that your time is worth more than anyone else's. It's that everyone wants to spend their time doing things they enjoy, and as crazy as it sounds, waiting in line for a new iPhone is something that some people enjoy. So unless you're saying that your time is so precious that you never spend it doing things that you want to do, but only things that you have to do, you're really not any different. There must be things you spend time doing that fulfill no purpose other than your own enjoyment.

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

MRF being the chief among them

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They've allowed waiting and have had massive lines in every store within 100 miles of Boston every year.

15. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

As far as I know they never got rid of the "old way."

16. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Exactly! :D

17. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I've done it once. For the iPhone 5s because they didn't have pre-orders available for whatever reason. Waited 14 hours. Will never do that again. Ever.

18. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

The year 2010 called and wanted its "waiting in line as a cultural event" back.

19. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

2001 called; it's wanting it's "this year has called" joke back.

20. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I wouldn't mind free coffee and doughnuts again. Honestly it was part of getting an iPhone that I enjoyed

21. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

I'm sorry that irony is lost on you.

22. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Sure, cuz. ;)

23. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

No way would I wait longer than 20 minutes in line for a phone. So I'll either do the reserve/buy online option or wait until I can walk in and buy a phone.

24. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I 100% like the idea of pre-order and receive on release day.
    I have stood in every iPhone release line that didn't have release day pre-orders and would rather not ever do that again... but still get my phone on day 1.