Should Apple discontinue aluminum Macbook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Zen Desk Pro, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Zen Desk Pro macrumors member

Do you think that Apple should ditch their aluminum Macbooks and replace them with the options of Space grey, Gold, and Rosegold instead?

I've been getting into some frustrating debates with people regarding Apple's new choice of colors for their newer phone lines. The complete removal of traditional and proven successful phone colors like black and white confuses me. But also has me wondering: Is this what people actually want? If Apple could remove black and white iPhones and replace them with grey, gold, and rose gold, why wouldn't they gradually transition into the same pattern for their notebooks? After all, there's already Space grey and gold Macbooks available..

I personally would be disgusted by that, but I'm interested to get other people's opinions.

2. Theozz macrumors member

Theozz

I'm sure the next generation of MacBooks will have different colors, like the Macbook 12". And I think the next Macbook 12 will have a rose gold option too.

3. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

I think the redesign will have the same colours as the MacBook, possibly the option of Rose Gold although that would look revolting.

4. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

People want what you give them... and you give them whatever you want.
    Rose Gold might not be available for another 2 years but Grey, Space Grey and Silver, definitely.
    Just wait for the next refresh...

5. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Why would they get rid of silver? They still have it on every other product.