Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Unless you're a total wimp, the iPad's weight should be a non-issue.

If you read books, the weight is definitely an issue. On my Kindle, I can read for four hours straight without any strain on arm; with my iPad, after 1 hour, my arm is strained. This is without resting my arm against something ( my preference for reading). Of course I can rest either my iPad or arm against something, but it's is not as comfortable.

Anyway, as long as they keep the really long battery life, I am fine if they keep the weight.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
If you read books, the weight is definitely an issue. On my Kindle, I can read for four hours straight without any strain on arm; with my iPad, after 1 hour, my arm is strained. This is without resting my arm against something ( my preference for reading). Of course I can rest either my iPad or arm against something, but it's is not as comfortable.

Anyway, as long as they keep the really long battery life, I am fine if they keep the weight.

Weight is the only issue for me as well, I remember how shocked I was the first time I held the iPad in the Apple store, my jaw dropped at how heavy it was.

For reading, a stand or case with a stand is a must, the iPad is just too heavy to hand hold for a long time. But I'm happy with it as it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.