Should Apple store Pricematch microcenter?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Drew n macs, May 16, 2010.

1. Drew n macs macrumors member

Just left the apple store, was trying to get them to price match a macbook from microcenter and the best they said they could do is 10 percent off, does this this sound right?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple does not put their computers on sale nor do that do any sort of price match.

If you got a good deal at microcenter, get the MBP there.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple doesn't price match. The refurb store is the only discount offered to the public year-round.

4. Drew n macs thread starter macrumors member

I have been torn between the two 13 mb and mbp... The reason why I wanted the MB from apple so I could save sales tax at the store (NH). otherwise if I have to buy the computer from microcenter 799 plus tax I am better of with the MBP for a little more money. I think it has a lot more value for few extra bucks.

But do some research apple DOES price match! But they said they would only do 10 percent. I can get 100 dollars off through a coporate discount. while others on here said they were apple to get apple to price match microcenter.

5. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

I think the employees were just being nice, including in your own situation. Also giving out corporate discounts is not the equivalent of price matching.

I'm pretty certain Apple does not officially have a price match policy.