Resolved Should be able to only buy a Case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mush10, Sep 8, 2016.

1. mush10 macrumors regular

I purchased a Stainless Steel Space Black last year (after a long wait of course). I really wish I was able to only buy a Series 2 case and not anything tied to a band. I have a link band, Milanese (Space Black), and two sport bands. Obvious it is so they can make money, but I honestly have no use for a new band.

I wonder if they would consider that down the road.

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

do what I plan on doing next year, just buy the new SS case with the cheapest sports band you can find (that you don't already own). Problem solved.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If it helps, think of the sports band as a freebie. If Apple sold the Watch without a and they likely wouldn't discount it anyway, at least not the full $50 (which is a stupid price for s silicone band IMO).

4. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

these bands should be no more than $20 imo

5. mush10 thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds about all I can do and since I will preordering tonight. I can't exactly complain too much since I am part of the problem group that buys it no matter what.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

At least you admit it haha :)

But really those bands must costs
    Pennies to make (maybe dollars). I don't think removing a band from the product would change the price at all.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    Wife got a knockoff for like $8 on amazon. Been happy with it for at least six months now. You have to figure somebody is making money even at $8 so...