Should buying Snow Leopard in the UK be this hard????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by findtom, Sep 24, 2009.

1. findtom macrumors newbie

So, I ordered Snow Leopard from the Apple store just after it came out. I only got my Mac a month ago so I was able to order it for £8. Great. I waited and waited but no disk came in the post.

So I checked online to see if it had been delivered. Nope, it didn’t show anything but its odd how no one at Apple seemed to care or notice that an order had not turned up. So I email Apple (finding a way to contact Apple via the online order process is really hard, in the end I found a general customer service email address on the support page) and waited again. I received a ‘thanks we have your email we will contact you in 5 days’ email. So I waited 5 days still no disk, no email and an even more annoyed customer!

I emailed again, thinking “hey this is apple, it must be a mistake”. Well you guessed it. 5 days later still no disk and yet again no email.

So finally I rang customer services. “We are so sorry, let me post one out to right away via courier”. Great finally I’m getting my disk!! Wrong.

Here I am over a month later from when I ordered the disk. Do you think I have it yet?? No.

OK, so what do I do? I’ve emailed, rung and waited and waited. I really want the disk but Apple is just a joke. They really don’t seem to want my business, no wait the already took the money so I guess they can’t be bothered with shipping the product!

Anyone know what I should do?

Thank you.

Tom.

2. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Search the postcode you gave Apple as a delivery address, in the Royal Mail's Address Finder website. Make sure your address checks out as far as Royal Mail is concerned.

3. findtom thread starter macrumors newbie

No my address is fine. Looking at the delivery part of the Apple website its never even been attempted delivery??

4. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

If it's the Up To Date disk, it's not trackable anyway.

They just tell you when they post it.

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

That's a bit ******.

Ring CS again and let them know what happened. Maybe ask if you can pick it up from your local Apple Store. Another option might be to ask them to post it to your local post office, not your home address.

Or you could just go straight to your Apple store with your documents, and your story and tell them to sort it out.

It might even have been stolen at the post office - some mail does get stolen. Let the post office know. I would guess Apple goods are quite attractive.

Good luck.

x RT

6. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

I'd say to call them again, talk with somebody specific, jot down his/her name, ask if you can contact him/her again directly in a couple of days if the shipment does not appear.

Anyway, for what I've read in several threads, it does not seem that SL is completely worth over Leopard. I mean, you are not loosing too much...:rolleyes: