Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Sign agreeing that you are responsible if you can't make a payment. A contract that states that if you don't pay than your credit card will be automatically charged. And at most they can demand a small down payment before getting the phone. But not having to deal with credit checks and having them put a hard dent every year if you want to upgrade the phone even with an almost perfect credit it will HURT the person's score every time you want to upgrade with the program. It is not fair how all this phone contract thing works.
The best is if you don't make the payments. Then they should just automatically put a charge on your bank account.
Is that simple?

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
If they just charge your account and you have no money then what? You have the phone and what do they do? hard to repo a phone like a car.

Credit score is an analysis of their risk to loan you the money instead of you buying full price. Dont like the credit pull then put down the cash or go through the carrier.

ATT Next doesn't pull my credit yearly and I pay them monthly installments on the phone. It rides the credit check from when you get service with them likely. I have no credit pull from ATT for my 6S through Next.

Reactions: ohio.emt

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
They can demand the bank to give them a charge...Kinda like forcing the person and maybe even reporting the person as a fraud. Something like that.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Want the phone without a credit check? Then it's full retail. Your credit shows the likelihood of you paying off your debts. It's important as Apple needs to see what risk they'd be taking lending to a customer. There is an option for no credit inquiry as I stated above though.

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
There should still be credit checks absolutely when dealing with high end products like iPhone's. It's a risk many lenders aren't willing to take.

The only other thing is blacklisting the device if you don't make the payments, but carriers already do this if shut off for non-payment.

To avoid them going down this path altogether, the credit check was born

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
The credit checks to make sure you'll have a good likelihood of paying be, the cost of the phone and not necessarily the service.

Reactions: ohio.emt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.