Should have I waited?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by auero, Apr 13, 2010.

  1. auero macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    #1
    I ordered a 27" iMac i7 and it is set to arrive on Thursday. I'm honestly preparing myself for a yellow screen (I'm a realist). When I spoke to my rep on the phone the other day, she told me that if I'm not satisfied with the screen, I can return it for a full refund - great.

    My 'plan' originally consisted of buying this iMac and then waiting for the 13" Macbook pro to update so I don't lose portability. I need portability, plain and simple. The reason for the iMac is that it's a power horse and if I sit at my desk, I get work done versus laying in my bed or lounging somewhere.

    Now that the i7 Macbook pro's are out (I didn't have faith they'd come, especially in i7) I'm thinking I should have just stuck with a 17" Macbook Pro i7 and save myself the extra cash. *I get 15% off one machine* So both machines would come reasonably close in price.

    Any suggestions on what to do? I just sold my 15" Macbook pro and my passed few macs were laptops as well. One thing I didn't like is if I had to leave my machine in the car or taking it with me because it contained EVERYTHING personal and I'd be mortified if someone got their hands on it (Not that I have anything to hide, just knowing someone has personal data). On the other hand, syncing two machines can be a pain.

    I can't win. Help?
     
  2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2006
    #2
    Are you going to be carrying this around a bunch? The 17 is really a desktop laptop. It's honestly like carrying around a metal platter.
     
  3. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    #3
    If you really compare the 15 and 17 its not that much bigger. The size never really bothered me. I could even opt for the 15" high resolution but I think I'd fell more comfortable with the 17".
     

Share This Page