Should I accept it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Enkidu24, Nov 21, 2012.

  1. Enkidu24 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    #1
    Hi guys!

    In June I bought a MBP 13" i7 - 750GB - 8GB RAM with Appelcare and I paid almost 1700€ but yesterday one guy offer me 1200€ for it. The point is this Christmas I´ll be in NY and I could get the new rMBP for 1554€ with 256 SSD, i5 and 8 GB RAM and I just have to pay the difference 1554 - 1200 = 354€.

    Do you think It would be a good deal if I sell my actual MBP and I buy the new one in Christmas??

    If I decide to sell my MBP how long will take to put/order a Retina MBP with spanish keyboard on the Apple Store?

    Thanks and my apologize for my english.
     
  2. xlii macrumors 68000

    xlii

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2006
    Location:
    Millis, Massachusetts
    #2
    I think you need to investigate what the going price is for the machine you paid 1700 for in June. Selling it for 1200 now is too deep a discount for having owned it for only 5 months. Maybe 1500 would do it, but you need to see what you could sell it for if you put it up for sale and took offers from others.
     
  3. SchuettS macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    #3
    I agree, it should be worth more then that.
     
  4. Enkidu24 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    #4
    Thanks for your answers. How can I investigate the price of my MBP?

    There is a big difference between the MBP and the RMBP?
     
  5. xlii macrumors 68000

    xlii

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2006
    Location:
    Millis, Massachusetts
    #5
    One way you can investigate a realistic price for your MBP is to search the internet for machines just like yours that other people are selling and see what they are asking for it.

    Apple has stopped making the 17" MBP. You have the newest (2011) and possibly the last one that Apple will make. There are people out there who don't want a 15" MBP... they must (for whatever reason) have a 17" MBP and those people are your potential customers.
     
  6. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

    BaggieBoy

    Joined:
    May 29, 2012
    Location:
    UK
  7. Ccrew macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2011
    #7
    Yeah, I made the same mistake he did though, on first read I saw I7 and mistook it for 17. Honest mistake.
     
  8. Enkidu24 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    #8
    Any advice? Is just the screen enough for changing my actual MBP 13" 2012 for the retina MBP 13"?
     
  9. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2011
    #9
    i'd say dont do it. going from the classic to the retina you will probably be wow by the clarity, but that's about it for a few days, until you start to notice the little details like occational stutter and lags here and there. it will ruin the experience and you're left with a remorse.
    just max out the ram on your classic to 16gb 1866ghz speed and put in a 512gb 840 pro, and that fancy retina will never touch the performance or smoothness of your classic.

    retina is still maturing, now is not a good time to buy.
     
  10. xlii macrumors 68000

    xlii

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2006
    Location:
    Millis, Massachusetts
    #10
    Oops... my blind... I must have looked at i7 and my brain shut down.
     

Share This Page