Should I be concerned about my battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TsuaSai, Feb 18, 2010.

1. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I noticed the other day my battery didn't seem to last as long as I thought it used to. So I checked it with coconut battery and it was at 95% it 9 months old. I wasn't sure if this was something I should send it in over or not? I know it won't last forever but I was thinking it wouldn't come down 5% in 9 months. It was at 100% when I got it.

Thanks

2. paddyhazard macrumors regular

Battery stats are never exact, it's impossible to know exactly how healthy your battery is. That sais, 95% after 9 months is good. iStat is saying my MBP is at 95% after about 4 months and 75 cycles. I think apple warranty batteries if they go down to below 80% within the first year i think but i'm sure someone on here knows exactly.

Also i'm guessing they decay inversely proportional to time so the first 5% takes so long and it takes longer and longer for it to loose 5% of it's health each time.

3. TsuaSai thread starter macrumors 6502

That sounds good and about what I expected to hear. I thought about calling just to talk to someone but with a two year old I know that it would be a pain so thought I would just ask here.

Thanks