Should I be concerned, don't know what happened

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Osprey, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Osprey macrumors 6502

Alright, we just bought a classroom set of iPod nanos 8gb to use in 6th grade. I put three of the students movies that they created onto one. Everything including syncing went fine, but about half way through the second video the nano just froze. It wouldn't allow me to shut it down, nothing. Left it on overnight, ran the battery down, turned it off this morning and everything seems to be working fine now. Was this just a fluke or should I contact apple and see if this is an indication of a real problem. Thanks for any help. BTW when it froze last night, the screen showed weird, distored colors.

2. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

3. Osprey thread starter macrumors 6502

Because that is what grade we teach and why not 6th graders? These kids are making movies about the subjects we are studying and are going to start podcasting as well. They seem to be learning a lot more this way than would just reading the material. Education is like anything else it needs to evolve and be innovative.

4. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

wow i am jealous...we never had ipods in 6th grade.
    just wondering
    thanks

iTeen

5. ryan.stewie macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Hold the menu and center buttons until it reboots. My daughters does it once or twice a month.

7. Osprey thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help, I just want everything to go smoothly. And iTeen, ipods weren't even invented when I was a sixth grade so don't feel too bad (heck we didn't even get color television until I was probably in sixth grade) I figure that today we live in a tech world and any thing that helps students learn is a positive. Now id I could just convince some of my more skeptic colleagues that technology isn't just a toy, I would really have accomplished something.:D