Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Pahok, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Pahok macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I didn't know where to post a question like this but yeah..

I recently took my MacBook Pro for repairs because my keyboard was broken. I was still under warranty and they fixed it for me. The day I took it home, I realized later that night that my macbook pro was completely downgraded. I had the 2.66Ghz i7 with 512mb gfx, and they gave me the 2.4Ghz i5 with 256mb gfx. I took it back the very next day, and after much discussion they finally realize it was their mistake. So four days later, today, I receive it back, turn it on and check if everything is alright and correct. It is. The guy prints me my receipt and says its on them. As I get home.. again, I read the receipt and it says the repair was a REPEATED REPAIR, for changing the Main Logic Board, which they stated was 2.66Ghz, even though it wasn't, and the reason for changing the Main Logic Board was because of "RANDOM SHUTDOWNS". Even though that was not the reason, It was because they mistakenly put in the WRONG mother board.

So what do you guys think, should I be concerned about this blatant lie incase of future repairs I might need?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I wouldn't be concerned. For some reason Apple retail lies about repair reasons. Apple once replaced my ram when there was nothing wrong with it, citing 'graphics problems'.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

don't worry ... if anything it may lead to a brand new machine one day if future problems occur with the logic board

4. Pahok thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I see.. Thanks for the reply guys. I guess I was just being a worry-worm. :p

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The reason it says the board was a 2.66GHz is because what they installed was. The reason it's a bogus repair reason is because they had to choose something in order to get the replacement part.

jW