Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mynameisstiv, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mynameisstiv macrumors newbie

On monday I ordered a macbook off the refurb site.... it started shipping at noon on tuesday from California, then arrived in memphis TN, it left at 530 am this morning to winnipeg manitoba. and it hasnt changed since then. it says "In Transit" and "Paperwork available for non-FedEx broker" and thats it. so there hasn't been any movement on my package for 15 hours. And i know that it isnt a 15 hour flight from Tennessee to manitoba.

it says the estimated time of shipment is thursday at 6pm. and thats in peterborough ontario.

is this something that i should be getting concerned about or is this normal??

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Anxiety is an emotion experienced in moments of great anticipation. Patience is the virtue that people must exhibit in times of anxiety. Your MB is fine.

3. mynameisstiv thread starter macrumors newbie

i know......

ive been a pc user my whole life... and have always wanted a mac and now that its so so close.. i dont think i can wait another day...

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

It still might make it. Sometimes the tracking system huccups. Be patient.

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Don't worry about it.
    The FedEx international shipping depot must be in Tn.
    When I ordered my MBP, it went from California to TN before stalling at the border, then finally making it to Edmonton after sitting in limbo for a day.

I then had a battery go from California to Ohio to Edmonton, this time with DHL.

Your MB will arrive soon. Enjoy it when it does!

6. FarFromSubtle macrumors newbie

So... did it arrive in time?

I am in Vancouver expecting a new iMac... it hit the same destinations and is now "Paperwork available for non-FedEx broker" as well. I would love to know if I will be getting it today.

7. TJones macrumors regular

Don't they have Futureshop's in Manitoba and Vancouver?

8. FarFromSubtle macrumors newbie

FS doesn't carry refurbs. ;)

9. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

This is the anxiety I will feel when I order mine :D I already anxious and I have many months ahead of me before I can buy it :-\