Should I be demanding a replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smcbaird, Mar 21, 2011.

1. smcbaird macrumors newbie

Hey guys

4 months ago i purchased a new macbook pro i5 2.4. For the past 3 months i've been experiencing display issues and shoddy battery life. (2hrs just on web usage from a full charge). As i'm sure many of you have experienced, finding the time as a student to visit the genius bar isn't exactly easy. Anyway, 5 weeks ago I took my mac in and had it looked at. The genius bar noted that my display issues are due to faulty ram and that the battery is faulty. Its been 5 weeks since and i still haven't heard from apple regarding when the parts are arriving to be fitted. I've rung but have usually been deferred or been told to be patient.

Over the past week i've noticed a hinge missalignment problem. (i have not dropped it once, always in cases, looked after.)

Im a bit peeved, forked out $2000 aus for it and not having the best experience.

I think i may have a dud laptop. What do you guys think, should i go in guns blazing, requesting a replacement? any recommended negotiating techniques? Do you think they'd replace it? Im hoping they would.

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated

2. smcbaird thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Ask to talk to a store manager. Kindly but firmly explain your problem and request, chances are you might get a replacement.

4. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

take a print out of that other thread in with you and dont leave the store till you get a replacement. Shout and scream (so other customers can hear you) and the staff will get squishy.

5. smcbaird thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do that when i go in next week, don't know if it'll work :S any other suggestions on how to persuade a replacement?

6. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

First of all apple doesnt care if you bring in some discussion from a forum, and secondly if you go in shouting and screaming demanding something they will be less inclined to help you. Just g there explain yourself and tell them that you really need this taken care of and you dont really have the time to continually revisit the store for these problems. Im sure they will help you out.

7. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

If you start making a scene in their store, they will ask you to leave.

Behave like an adult, not a child screaming because he/she wants something and their parent won't buy it for them.

Be polite, explain your issue.. speak to a manager if possible.

8. smcbaird thread starter macrumors newbie

Will speaking to the manager make any difference?

9. eaf7s macrumors regular

Finding time as a student to visit the genius bar is the easiest thing in the world. Go in the morning before class. Go in the evening after class. Go on the weekend when you have nothing in particular scheduled.

10. smcbaird thread starter macrumors newbie

Im in year 12 in australia, so when i say student i mean high school. School 8-4 everyday, not exactly close to an apple store.