Should I be getting a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JDee, Jul 14, 2010.

1. JDee macrumors 6502a

My carrier in the UK (O2 Business) offer a 24 hour replacement service for all handsets.

I basically called them up because I'm having the reception issue and they said that it's not their problem and that they can't issue out new handsets.

Is this possible? I've been hearing reports from people on here saying that they're getting new replacements etc.

Thanks!

2. homes2525 macrumors member

You have to go to an apple store, it will be a black box replacement, but at this point in time it is still new

3. JDee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your reply, but what is a 'black box' replacement?

Sorry if I seem stupid :(

4. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

i went to an apple store three times on separate occasions and was repeatedly denied a replacement. maybe i just got shafted. I even showed them the antenna problem. was told "not to hold it that way" bs

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

The replacement phone won't come in a retail apple box. They have phones set aside just for replacements. These will come in a black box, no additional cords, papers, etc. You're just swapping your defective phone for a new phone and keeping the rest of stuff.

Normally, the black boxed phones are refurbished but because it's soo early, all the phones are still new.

6. geiko9 macrumors newbie

Return it if you want to save yourself the trouble of dropped calls. Its the place where you use the phone thats the issue. You seem to be in a low reception area like I do. I returned mine and have reverted to my IPhone 3G, no dropped calls since.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=966574