Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OLDGUYWITHAHIFI

Suspended
Nov 14, 2018
i ordered my Verizon iPad on Saturday and it said it was in stock and everything so I’m like cool with two day shipping I should get it on Tuesday. Double cool. So I order and wait. I get a confirmation email that I ordered but I never get one that it’s shipped. Never get one allll weekend. Here it is Monday evening and I still haven’t gotten one. I call up Verizon wondering where the hell my iPad is and they say “well the order went through just fine we’re just in the process of shipping it out”. So I guess I’m still waiting? When I ordered my iPhone and Apple Watch my stuff was shipped within hours. Now it’s going on a few days and still no iPad shipped.

Am I crazy here or is this taking little too long?

You waited all weekend? Ordered on Saturday, next day is Sunday. You waited one day...

I can understand your anticipation, but what advice can forum members give? Do you think your order was highjacked? Do you think Verizon is lying to you and keeping your money? First world problems for sure. Patience is the answer to your dilemma.

Mrbert

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Just got off the phone with Verizon and expected ship date is now 12/21. They would not “fix” my order and there said they are out of iPads to ship. Anyone who wants one had better go straight to Apple or just forget about it till next year.

I can imagine that Apple is taking the lions share of their production, but it’s surprising that Verizon is back ordered nearly two months for your 1TB iPad! I can imagine your frustration, so maybe ordering through Apple is the best route so you can take delivery on 12-17 Dec for sure. I hope you can get your’s before Christmas so you can enjoy it during the holidays.

kwilzz_

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2018
Cleveland, OH
Just got off the phone with Verizon and expected ship date is now 12/21. They would not “fix” my order and there said they are out of iPads to ship. Anyone who wants one had better go straight to Apple or just forget about it till next year.

I've been checking the local stock at apple stores. They also don't have availability

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Ordered on 11/11 with a shipping date of 11/28. On 11/28 (yesterday) nothing shipped. Called VZ and was told it would ship 11/29 (today). I just checked online account and the ship date has been changed to today but no action yet. Ordered 12.9 5126GB.

ImAnAgent

Suspended
Oct 11, 2018
My mind
I ordered a 512GB space gray LTE on Monday. I paid for next day delivery before 10:30 am and got it Tuesday at 9:30 am. The website had a shipping date of a few days later but the email said the shipping date would be the 3rd.

kwilzz_

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2018
Cleveland, OH
I ordered a 512GB space gray LTE on Monday. I paid for next day delivery before 10:30 am and got it Tuesday at 9:30 am. The website had a shipping date of a few days later but the email said the shipping date would be the 3rd.
Nice. Looks like availability in my area is increasing also. We’ll see today!

Trey M

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
USA
On an unrelated note, does anyone know the reason why Verizon is the only major-4 US carrier to require an actual Verizon SIM vs. the Apple embedded SIM? It seems like with Verizon supporting e-SIM (shortly) for iPhones that iPads would be able to also use the Apple embedded SIM...

spacebro

Suspended
Oct 1, 2015
I ordered a Verizon iPad on 11/3 and it didn't arrive until 12/3. The data plan part of it is god-awful. I live in a big city but somehow my data plan is only giving me 6mb down and 0.2mb up. What am I supposed to do with this slow crap?

kwilzz_

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2018
Cleveland, OH
So I talked to verizon today around 6pm because my order still hadn't shipped. They told me that it wouldn't ship until the 18th of January. So i canceled it. Apple and verizon stores around here have them in stock. Its ridiculous though, seeing as some have ordered after me and have already received them. You'd think they have a first come, first serve hierarchy setup.

pudcraft

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Houston
They got inventory the other night online. Ordered a Space Gray 256gb 12.9" on Sunday night and it arrived for me Tuesday at 10:30am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.