Should I be worried about this ipad payment?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pirarre, May 7, 2010.

1. pirarre macrumors 6502

I ordered my ipad 3g Monday and I used 2 debit cards. One for $600 and my bank of america debit card for the remaining $63.59. At the time, Apple placed holds on both payments, which was fine. Well Bank of America only places holds on payments for 3 days, therefore yesterday Apple released the hold off the $63.59.

I know Apple places the hold when you order but actually charges the card(s) right before the order ships. So my question is Will Apple just place another hold for the $63.59 or just wait until they actually get ready to ship the ipad to me and just charge it?

The other card still shows a hold on the $600.

Thanks

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I saw something similar when I split the payment between my PayPal card and my debit card. But, when I saw the tracking number, I figured all was well on their site, and the charges did come through properly on both cards.

3. idngc10 macrumors newbie

Hey Pirarre,

Just wondering how this situation turned out. I am actually experiencing something similar except mine isn't an online purchase it was in-store at an apple store.

The purchase charge was refunded back into my bank account yesterday (its been ~5 day since the purchase). I'm guessing the charge will eventually update but I just want the charge to go through asap so I can adjust my finances accordingly.

I called the bank and apple store several times - I was basically told to wait.

Thanks in advance.