Should I be worried about this sale?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZachsMacDaddy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

So I listed a Macbook Pro on ebay and it sold. However, the buyer has 0 feedback, and their account was just opened 4 days ago. They did pay instantly (as required to end the auction), so it's not like I'm worried about getting paid. I'm more worried about them pulling some stunt to get ebay/paypal to reverse the charges on some BS claim, and me being out a nice chunk of money AND a laptop.

How worried should I be? I plan on using shipping insurance and signature requirement as well.

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

as long as they have a confirmed address with paypal, you should be fine. ONLY ship to the confirmed address with paypal.

Also I advice taking a note of the serial number of both the mac and its hard drive etc.

I know its worrying, but everybody had a new ebay account at some point with no feedback - thats my way of looking at it.

3. ZachsMacDaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

Good point. Then again, not everybody drops a huge wad of $$ on a Macbook for their first transaction.

I have photos of the box, original label with serial number, laptop... will get the HDD serial too (good idea). I also have my original invoice from Apple with serial number.

4. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I understand how you feel - I am cautious by nature so I usually tend to assume everyone is out to scam me and take sensible precautions :)

I did have one (funny enough on a black macbook) who paid immediately but when I looked; he did not have an approved address with paypal. I emailed him with this, and he replied its ok; could I just send it to his brothers house as he was away from hoe...yadda..yadda. I think that was the fasted paypal refund I had ever processed ;)

and never heard a peep out of him - hmmmmm

:)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're doing all you can then and in the future, if you are wiggly about buyers/bidders, require a certain # of feedback or something. I remember auctions had required that back in the day.

Shipping to the confirmed address is key. Be 100% certain you ship with tracking & insurance and do not skimp, at all. Good luck.

6. ZachsMacDaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I will definitely pay the extra $ to insure and protect myself. I have/had requirements of nobody with negative number feedback ratings. I thought I had it set for no zeros, but maybe that got changed by ebay with one of the various policy changes. Who knows.

I will just have to follow the guidelines carefully. Insurance, signature, ship to the confirmed address ebay/paypal say to use in order to be covered...