Should I be worried? (Amazon order)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 66217, May 18, 2008.

1. 66217 Guest

Hi, maybe it is just me getting anxious, but I have this question.

Yesterday I ordered from Amazon (or thru them since I really bought from 17th Street Photo). Todays in the morning I received an email saying that the credit card I used wasn't working, so I used another one.

But now they haven't send me a mail telling me if this new credit card worked. I do received one where they told me that the credit card information was changed successfully.

So, is it just me getting worried or should I really be worried? (This is my first time I order from Amazon, so I don't know what to expect).

Thanks for any help,

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

You could call your credit card company to make sure that the first charge did not in fact go through. Then you can call the second credit card company to make sure that it went through correctly.

Did you need to log back into Amazon to give your new credit card information? I don't think it's a good idea to send your credit card information via email.

3. 66217 thread starter Guest

Yes, every change was made thru Amazon.com, not via mail.

I guess tomorrow morning I'll check with my credit card company and see. When I changed my CC information at Amazon they do send me an email telling me the past CC wasn't charged.

Do they normally send you an email when your CC was charged successfully?

4. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

I've had my cc blocked when the exp. date was entered incorrectly. It's embarrassing when you're at a restaurant and your cc is declined but thank God for the Iphone allowing you to call up the company and have it fixed in a few minutes. The panic of OMG someone has maxed out my credit limit is frightening though.

5. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Amazon is a reliable company. I ordered a product, through them using a third party supplier. The item never arrived, and when I notified Amazon, I was credited back in about 2 days for it. I have used them since 1998, with no complaints.

6. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Did you accidentally forget a payment? It's happened to me before - forgot a payment and they froze my card.

7. 66217 thread starter Guest

Yesterday I sent an email asking what had happened with my order, and no more than one hour later they send me an email that my my CC had just be charged. That sometimes they have trouble processing CC for various reason and thanking me for buying with them. The package would arrive tomorrow.:)

I am very pleased with the buying experience at amazon in general.

8. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Sometimes CC companies block purchases over the internet (especially expensive ones) if they feel/think that there's any chance of fraud going on.

My last purchase through Amazon was blocked by my CC company because my purchase didn't fit my purchase patterns of late and they thought someone had stolen it. They track everything and new shops and high prices raise flags every once in a while.