should i be worried?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calabi, May 3, 2008.

1. calabi macrumors regular

hey guys, i'm really worried! i have the new penryn based macbook pro, base model and have been monitoring my battery recently. I use it at lot off of battery and installed coconut to have a little look at my stats today.

the reading i'm getting is:

Battery-LoadCycles = 47
    Age = 3 Months (Only got this in march!!)

Battery health is 95% can be this solved with a calibration? is 47 a lot of cycles? Do i have much left!? :(

I'm hoping i won't have to get another battery soon, as 47 sounds a lot!

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

I don't see a problem. Oftentimes batteries will function just fine for several hundred cycles.

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

So basically, having had no issues with your laptop at all, you installed a program that gave you an arbitrary number and now you're inventing things to worry about?

When something bad happens, worry. Otherwise, chill out.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Coconut Battery uses your Serial Number which is when the machine is made. I have had mine for a week, but Coconut shows 2 months.

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah dude dont worry about it, most systems come with the battery health at either 99 or 98%

i will say though, 47 is quite a few cycles, for a month and a half, i only have 147 and ive had my machine for 10 months

but i really only run the battery dead about once a week

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No worries mate. I have 78 cycles as of now. I've also only had this machine for 2 months (Feb 26). The battery health came at 97% and right now it's at 94%. I would say as long as you keep using your battery the way you need to like I do, it will last you many cycles.

[​IMG]