should i be worried?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by br.avery, Dec 2, 2008.

1. br.avery macrumors regular

i just got a new macbook on black friday, and i absolutely love it. im a switcher and don't think i'll ever go back to windows (unless im forced to in school)

i'm very paranoid about my mac; to the point of washing my hands before using it.

think about how i felt when i saw that my F keys were slanted!!! omg. it ruined my week. so i dont know what to do, should i go to the apple store and get it replaced? should i even bother? i expect my macbook to be absolutely flawless as i am paying $1600 for it.

did anyone else have this problem and what did you do? did you get it replaced or not even care?

i know that i can fix it with that you tube video but i'd rather have a perfect macbook.

2. youssefm macrumors 6502

I would keep it because if you get a new one you could end up having dead pixels, more slanted keys, messed up graphics.. or other rev. a issues.. i would deal with the keys and get over it, i understand you want perfection but thats really good for a rev. a product.. especially these new macbooks

also i had the slanted keys issue with my F keys also, but i got them straightened out pretty easily, and now they look perfect =D

3. Tosser macrumors 68030

I think it all boils down to this:

Are you willing to bet that the next one will not have any other more serious flaws?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Plenty of threads already on the slanted key issue

Check out MRoogle
    Do a search and you will find a lot of opinions

Personally, I would never notice

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. molala macrumors 6502a

I would keep it and agree with the other posters.

The slanted keys are the most minor of issues you could possibly have. Your replacement could be worse.

6. br.avery thread starter macrumors regular

alright, i guess i'll keep it. i dont want to go though all the hassle anyways.

thanks guys. :)

7. br.avery thread starter macrumors regular

wait how do i tell if my graphics are messed up? or if there are any dead pixels?

8. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Welcome to the slanted keys club, I decided to live with mine too :)

To check dead pixels get a completely white picture and then view it full screen. A dead pixel will show up as a black dot.

To check graphics issues there's really no easy way except to just use some graphic intensive stuff and see if there's any tearing/static or black screen of death.

9. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I used to be just like you... Mabye worse, for I wouldent take it out afraid of scratching it... so i only used it on special occasions. Than one morning i was like f*** it and use it almost everyday because in the end its just a computer. And its the latest technology now, might as well enjoy it while it still is the latest and greatest. As for your key, dont bother, It will look silly.

10. arun21 macrumors member

i wouldnt worry about it.. mine came with slightly slanted keys. i dont even notice it anymore. if the battery cover isnt loose and everything else is great, i would keep it. it's really not a big deal to have the keys like that.

11. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

With this level of paranoia, nothing will be perfect as you'll always find something wrong. It's probably best that you get a refund, and keep the $1600.

12. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

If you like keeping it looking new, I would highly recommend the BSE, BestSkinsEver.com total body skin, except don't put the one on that goes for the trackpad.

Also if you are looking for recommendations, I bought the MarWare Sportfolio Deluxe in black from J&R for $55 shipped. It isn't the cheapest case, but it is the best case I found that is a compromise between a sleeve and briefcase style bag. Great strap (detachable), great handles, perfect extra compartment designed for power cord, extension cord, even an iPod or iPhone and it stretches if you need to add more to it.

13. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I, too, am living with a case of the "Slanty Fs".