Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by andalusia, May 9, 2009.

1. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I have an external hard drive, which is partitioned into a few separate areas. One area is a 60GB partition of Mac OS Journaled (Extended) which I installed Leopard onto, so I can use extra programs that I'd rather not keep on my main hard drive.

I have a trial version of Parallels Desktop running, and I installed the Window 7 RC on it. It runs fine, no issues whatsoever. Bear in mind that this is on the partition with Leopard. The problem is, when I'm on my Macintosh HD startup, when browsing with Firefox, some websites come up with this message:
    [​IMG]

Is this some sort of pop-up/virus/advert that a lot of websites have acquired, or is it something Windows has applied to Firefox and does anyone know how to get rid of it? Will I need to uninstall Windows, or just live with it?

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Post one of the urls... it may be one of those pop-ups.

3. andalusia thread starter macrumors 68030

andalusia

I don't have any to hand, since I usually click Don't Allow and they are usually random websites which I don't remember, but I doubt it's the website, since I also tried it in Safari, with no pop-up.

4. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Look at the grammar! That's obviously a fake message! Even the Allow/Don't allow buttons aren't the correct shape. Not to menion that the font anti-aliasing is wrong for Windows.

Stop accessing weird sites...

5. andalusia thread starter macrumors 68030

andalusia

That's 'cause this is in OS X now. It shouldn't be affecting OS X I don't think. This is Leopard on a separate hard drive. However the external hard drive is still plugged in.

6. andalusia thread starter macrumors 68030

andalusia

7. youssefm macrumors 6502

Looks like a fake popup, bad grammar and wording, and then the buttons for allow and don't allow don't look authentic, this is fake, i think u might have a trojan or virus on ur windows partition and since its parallels it might be affecting osx