should i bother exchanging for a stuck pixel in the middle and a tilted power button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shyfe, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Shyfe macrumors member

im scared i'll get one that's worse and they won't have stock when I go on monday.

2. Shyfe thread starter macrumors member

is there any chance they'll give me a refurbished or something? i'm quite OCD and want a brand new one. can i just demand they give me a black box one?

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if they give you one, it will be a white boxed one

you cant demand the black box one and really, it doesnt matter (well you can demand but you wont get it lol)

4. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

Depends on who is working the genius bar. If they see the dead pixel and you just bought it they may give you a brand new one. I've seen it happen many times at the Apple store I frequent.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If it's a 3G S⃣ that you're exchanging, I doubt Apple has had time to refurbish any S⃣ models. So even if you get a white-box model, it's almost certainly new as well, and was just set-aside as warranty replacement stock. It's probably going to be another week or two before any actual refurbs hit the supply channels.

IN any case, I've seen refurbed 3G models, and aside from the model and serial numbers, they look and feel identical to new.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

You have seen them use a brand new retail box? Everything I have seen and heard is they use the white boxes in their cabinents