Should I bother? Lint under screen!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mokuro, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Mokuro, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013

Mokuro macrumors member

Just bought an iPad 4 two days ago just to realize today that there's piece of lint and a tiny speck of dust about an inch to the left from it under the display. Well I wish I could get this baby replaced by Apple with a brand new one, but I was told that they'd only exchange it for a refurbished since I didn't buy it directly through them.

The price for the iPad was a steal honestly and I bought it from someone on Craigslist for $425 and it's brand new 16gb, wifi+4g. So do you guys think it's worth getting a replacement for that tiny piece of lint? Should I live with it although I know it's there and I just can't ignore it (OCD's killing me)?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

If I couldn't see the lint or dust with the screen on then I probably wouldn't bother with it. However, if you are seeing it all the time while viewing things with the screen on, I would say to exchange it at an Apple store even if they do give you a refurbished model.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

3. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

I can definitely see the lint every time the screen is on. It's especially apparent with bright backgrounds.

4. tekkifi macrumors member

In that case I would definitely bring it in and see what they can do for you.

5. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Have you noticed anything else wrong with the device? Seems like a very minor problem that could be dealt with if everything else is flawless with the device.

6. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

Nothing else is wrong with device except that annoying piece of lint. I'm heading to Apple Store and will see what they can do. Hope they don't offer me a refurbished replacement since I've just activate the device 3 days ago.

I'll keep you updated guys.

7. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

8. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

Alright just got back from the Apple Store and I'm very please to tell you guys that the manager offered me two options either cash refund or store credit since we went through two replacement units (brown box) which all had dirt under the glass. I was lucky that these two units were the last ones in the store, so the genius guy was kind enough to call the manager to seek other options.

I really didn't want the cash since I wanted to buy an iPad anyway. So with the credit I have I put another 100 bucks and got me a sweet upgrade the 32GB cellular, brand new.

I now love Apple even more! :)

9. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

If it's just one annoying piece of lint, can't you use one of those air spray cans (dusters) to blow it out?

So you bought it from Craigslist... hmm... I don't know how well Apple will honor that purchase. I strongly doubt that Craigslist is an official Authorized Apple Reseller. Heck, Craigslist doesn't even offer any returns or money-back guarantees on their prostitutes! Shame on them! :mad:

10. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

Why you mad bro? I'm just one lucky mother***** I guess. :)

11. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Very nice! Glad to hear it all worked out for you man.

12. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, bro. I was also very lucky that the new device came with iOS 6.0.0 (jailbroke it already ;) ) Unlike the one I had returned which had 6.1.3 preinstalled.

13. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

It doesn't matter where the OP bought it from. As long as the iPad that was purchased still had a one year Warranty associated with the serial number Apple will swap it out as they do with all the other warranty issue iDevices.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2