Should I buy? 2.66, 4gb, 500gb, 20 inch

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ault45, Dec 27, 2009.

1. ault45 macrumors member

I am in contact with a guy locally who wants to sell his 2 month old 2.66, 4gb, 500gb, 20 inch imac. He said he would sell it to me for $800. It does have applecare with it. Seems like a pretty good price with the applecare.

I realize what updates have been done to the imac, but I really dont have the extra $400 minimum to get a new one.

Thoughts?

2. Mad.Rider macrumors member

Have you had the chance to look at refurbished iMac's at the apple site? I believe they sometimes publish the new macs for 999.99 (21.1 inch), that's only if you could wait a little and save up.

3. ault45 thread starter macrumors member

They had them on there the other day, but they were gone fairly soon. I really like the idea of having applecare already and not having to shell out the extra $150 or so.

4. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Then go for it! Sounds like a good deal.

5. ault45 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so in my infinite wisdom, I purchased a 20inch 2.16 machine locally for $600. It is loaded and includes everything as if it were new. Not exactly what I wanted, but a great machine at a fair price.

The first site I look at when I hook it up at home is apple's refurb page, and guess what... 21.5 Imacs are back in stock. Naturally, I order one. Now I have this other machine to get rid of again. Great.

I'm an idiot!