Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I currently have an iPod touch 2nd gen, 8GB, display has cracked glass, etc. Summed up, I need a new iPod (which I WILL buy a case for this time). Anyways, I have a long, long trip this summer, and I want to have a working iPod (which I probably won't by then, it's getting worse every day). So, Do you guys think there will be a major update in the 5th gen? Because I'm planning on buying the iPod in July, so it will be "obsolete" within 2 months of purchase. So, do you think we will have major updates on the 5th gen, or just another 3rd gen (no real updates, only more RAM on high end models)?

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
If you plan to buy in July you have time to see what iPhone 5 will look like. That will tell you what iPod Touch 5 (updated in September) will possibly look like.

Brucewl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
If you plan to buy in July you have time to see what iPhone 5 will look like. That will tell you what iPod Touch 5 (updated in September) will possibly look like.

That's right, and according to the configuration of iPad 2, I think you should wait for half year, iPod Touch 5 Gener is pretty worth getting one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.