Should I buy a 12" MB today?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by deepakvrao, Oct 30, 2018.

  1. deepakvrao macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2011
    Location:
    India
    #1
    I had a MB Pro 2015, which I swapped for a 12" MB 2017 about 6 months ago. Wife is using a 2011 MBA, and I was waiting for this launch to see what they had to offer.

    She would definitely [like me] prefer the lighter weight, and the smaller footprint of the 12" MB over the new MBA, but it's now a fairly old model. So, buy now? Or wait?

    When is the likely update to the 12" models likely? If they are not likely to launch new models for even 6 months, I'll order a 12 for her. Don't want to order one now, and see a new model within a month or two.
     
  2. puma1552 Suspended

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    #2
    Probably looking at March at this point, which is sort of ridiculous.

    I'd probably (or will) just buy an Air and be done with it at this point.
     
  3. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2009
    #3
    March at the earliest especially as they've added the new Gold today. Did it get Get 3 keyboard? T2 security with Touch ID would be nice.
     
  4. catlv macrumors member

    catlv

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2016
    #4
    That would be nice, plus the 8th Gen Intel of course.

    Does the current MB have the improved keyboard with the silicon membrane/layer?
     
  5. puma1552 Suspended

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    #5
    Nope, gen 2.

    Maybe they will just skip gen 3 and ship gen 4 by March.
     
  6. fokmik macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2016
    Location:
    USA
    #6
    Maybe a new update on November 17th when the MBP also gets a new dGPU
     
  7. deepakvrao thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2011
    Location:
    India
    #7
    Seriously? So soon after this event?
     
  8. lambertjohn macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2012
    #8
    I don't think they're going to update the 12" at all. I think it's dead with the 13" Air as its replacement. Seriously, the new Air looks just like a bigger 12". Why keep them both in the lineup? I predict Apple will kill the 12" when they're all finally sold.
     
  9. BeatCrazy macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    #9
    If you can score one for <$900, then yes. If not, go for Air.
     

Share This Page

8 October 30, 2018