Should I buy a 3G Or Wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zerotoleranceft, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. zerotoleranceft macrumors newbie

    Apr 25, 2009
    I just sold my original iPhone (EDGE) and now I have no phone or cell phone plan. I'm considering going out tomorrow and buying a 3G, but I've been hearing new iPhones are coming very soon.

    Do you think it would be smart to wait or should I go out and get one?
  2. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000


    Apr 7, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    You are sooo original. Totally the first person to ever ask this question.

    Seriously, at the moment just 7 threads down, there is this same topic asked for the 1784th time. You make 1785 times. Congrats. Does anybody bother to read anymore?
  3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040


    Sep 16, 2007
    If you need a new phone now, get one. If you don't, wait.

    Either way you won't be buying antiquated technology - they'll both run 3.0 firmware, receive MMS. The only difference might be the presence of a video camera (slim possibility) and higher capacity (most likely a certainty). If you don't need the aforementioned, buy now.
  4. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

    Jan 2, 2009
    Just get one of those pay-to-go phones like a pay-as-you-go phone. Then get the new one.
  5. matttye macrumors 601

    Mar 25, 2009
    Lincoln, England
    It's up to you.

    If you really need a phone right now, and can't put up with using one of those crappy cheap ones, then get a 3G.

    If you can use a temporary phone for a bit then wait.
  6. twitt3r macrumors 6502

    Apr 13, 2009
    Yes, evidently you do. Maybe report them and get them merged instead of pointlessly ranting? :rolleyes:
  7. kevink2 macrumors 65816

    Nov 2, 2008
    By doing it this way, didn't you just lose the number you had?

    If you can consider dropping your cell phone service before thinking of a replacement, then you can wait.
  8. Surely Guest


    Oct 27, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    See this thread for my advice.

    And in case you miss it: Get it!! Get it!! Before it's too late!! GET IT!!!! NOW.

    /I think I remember why I've been staying away from the iPhone section of these forums for so long......
  9. Aaleck macrumors 6502a


    Oct 11, 2007
    Michigan, USA
    Wait with no cell phone on a bunch of rumors?
  10. barkomatic macrumors 68040

    Aug 8, 2008
    Of course you should wait. The new iphones will have significant hardware improvements and are rumored to be capable of a faster 3G data connection.

    However, a possible faster data connection might mean AT&T will again raise the price on its data services.
  11. rollingstart Guest

    Jul 15, 2007
    +1, you can get by with a prepay while you wait, no biggie.
  12. bigchief macrumors 6502a

    Feb 26, 2009
    Now you have my curiosity up. Why would you sell your edge iphone and do away with your cell service (just lost your cell phone number) and then want to buy another phone. 99.999% of cell phone customers would buy a new phone keep their service or go with another provider (keeping their cell number) and then sell their old phone.
  13. mikeinternet macrumors 6502a


    Nov 1, 2006
    Oaklnad, CA
    I would have said wait, but if you just sold your 1st gen you should be able to sell a iPhone3G even after the new things is out.

    Just do that.
  14. godofguns macrumors newbie


    Apr 26, 2009
    here and there, perhaps.
    and if you get a prepaid phone you can use it to broker drug deals without the cops being able to listen in.
    if you ever see someone at a pay phone they are ordering drugs.

    wait for the new iphone. video and more memory will make it almost as good as the samsung i had 3 years ago.

    i have an iphone and i'm glad someone bought it for me.
    i'd be pissed if i had spent my money on it.

Share This Page