Should I buy a Griffin Survivor case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GrannySmith123, May 9, 2012.

1. GrannySmith123 macrumors member

I have an Iphone 4S currently and I've been through about 4 replacements. IT IS FRUSTRATING the top left corner of the case will always pop out and if its not the top left corner its another parts of the case where a piece of silicone will pop out. I've tried pushing it in but it doesn't work.

Then comes along the Griffin Survivor case. It looks tough rugged and I love the colors for it there is much more variety than the Otterbox colors! My question is for you guys who own a Griffin Survivor do you have any problems with it at all? Here are my main concerns about the case:

-I've been hearing the belt clip is horrible but I will NOT be using the belt clip most likely. I've never used the otterbox belt clip and don't plan on using the Survivor belt clip so that won't affect me at all

-Is the silicone on the Griffin better fitted than on the Otterbox? Does it pop out?

- I've been hearing the screen protector on the Griffin is weird feeling and it feels like there's a space between the actual screen and the screen protector. Is this true?

- Griffin's case has much more protection but I'm concerned because the speakers are covered and the microphone near the headphone jack is completely covered. Will I still be able to hear the sound well and without the microphone near the headphone jack will video recording sound terrible?

-Any other problems with the case?

To sum it up I'm just wondering if its worth another $50 ($43 since I found a coupon) to buy ANOTHER case even though I still have an otterbox. I'm willing to buy it clears up the silicone problem i'm having on my otterbox but if it has major problems of its own not worth $50. What do you think of the case?

2. GrannySmith123 thread starter macrumors member

Also, if the Survivor has a protector on the ambient light sensor will it still work?

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

4. GrannySmith123 thread starter macrumors member

Ya I know but nobody actually gives good feedback about the case I'm not gonna go waste $50 again

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Buy it try it and if you don't like then return it.