Should i buy a ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wiirocks3, May 18, 2009.

1. wiirocks3 macrumors newbie

i really want one but am not sure whether apple with release a new one this year. please tell me. i mainly want it for jailbreaking. what should i do

2. Wishsong macrumors regular

I would say get a refurb if you really want one. If you want the new one, it'll probably be at the end of this year, but jailbreaking won't be available on it for a while. So if you want it for jailbreaking get one now, or you'll have to wait a full year to jailbreak the 3g (if it comes out this year).

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

what are you baseing this on? the 2g didn't take a full year to jailbreak, the 3rd generation should be out in september after that it's just a waiting game on when it will be able to be jailbroken.

5. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I'm in the same boat. The UK Apple Store has refurbs of all three touch models, which is a nice discount.

But the fact that all three are available for refurbs, plus O2 stores in the UK were selling the touch for half-price a couple of weeks ago, indicates that Apple and retailers are trying to clear stock.

Which suggests an update coming out of WWDC next month (paired with a new iPhone?)... but then a refurb is as good as new, and it's cheaper...

6. somewhatvaguely macrumors member

somewhatvaguely

I'm not entirely sure on the specifics, but I think there is going to be another iPod touch released soon-ish(within a year?!). Or maybe that's just the iPhone. Dunno.

7. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

get a refurb.
    i just bought my dad a current gen 8gb refurb and it still looks awesome.

8. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

9. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Yeah, I think I will. The HDD I want will be the same price in a month's time, but the refurb touch might be unavailable and has a nice discount.

10. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

Just scope out ebay Thats how i got my brand new 32gb 2g Touch for 280 dollars.:D