should i buy a LaCie 320GB D2 Quadra

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by benlee, May 26, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I'm thinking about buying one of these. wanted to know if its a good product. I want to store my music on it and what not (free up some space on my mbp) mainly would use it wirelessly through airport express. but also like that it is triple interface and possibly would store a bootable backup of my whole computer and take advantage of the fw boot feature. anyone have good or bad experiences with this product..TIA
    Here's the apple link:
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=3ED50F8A&nplm=TN259ZM/A

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I've heard good things about these drives, I think it is actually a Maxtor hard drive inside. I've also seen a lot of people having problems with LaCie though on this board. I would just remind you that it might not be the best idea to keep your music only on ONE hard drive, cause if it fails then it's all gone.. I would either keep it on your computer and back it up on an external, or have two externals to back it up twice. Especially if some of it is purchased from iTunes.

3. spyderracer393 macrumors regular

save your money and get the triple interface d2...why bother with the quadra if you aren't using eSata?

I have had great experiences with LaCie drives...

4. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

oh thanks

i didnt even think about that. I wanted the triple interface thought it was the same thing. I might just back up all my music on dvds ( would be about 11 dvds) or something to save money for now. and maybe put it all on my older windows computer too. and i also have a copy on my ipod. that way im not spending $400 on harddrives...although my music is worth way more than that to me.

Think i should suck it up and get 2 still?

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Get a seagate internal drive and buy a triple interface external enclosure. 5 year warranty and very reliable. You'll save a lot of money.

6. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

where is a good place to buy?

7. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Newegg

8. arabiafish macrumors newbie

it's a seagate hd501lj

I don't know if this is true for all of them, but the drive inside mine is a seagate hd501lj. it only has a 2-year warranty b/c it's an external drive, instead of the usual 5-year, though.