should i buy a macbook air or macbook pro laptop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by samahir, Mar 6, 2012.

1. samahir macrumors newbie

hello . i am planning on buying either mackbook air or mackbook pro laptop . so help me out here a little bit . i can buy a mac till $2,000 .thats my budget .i will buy it in dubai when i go to turkey for studies.on my i will stay in dubai . from that you can guess that i am a university student planning to do MBA .i am fond of downloading movies and watching them .( legally ) and also i watch movies from dvds and also do my university day to day work . . i am also fond of listening songs. and my main aim to use this laptop is for my studies while living in a turkey university . so plz give me your ideas to make me reach a decision. just to give you an idea i have bought microsoft office for mac 2011 home and student edition in advance so i dont face any problem xD .thank you in advance :)

2. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Sounds like either would suit you fairly well, but if you often watch movies on DVD, then maybe you should go MBP. Granted, you could go with an external Superdrive for an MBA, but that could be a hassle.

Aside from watching movies and listening to music and using Microsoft Office, what other applications do you use?

Also, do you have a screen size preference? Particular hard drive size requirements?

I personally would go 13in MBA over 13in MBP any day of the week, but that's just my preference.

3. samahir thread starter macrumors newbie

uptil now i have always used windows and desktop computers but now i am shifting towards laptops and when i saw apple laptops i like them alot . so this will be my first experience with mac laptops. regarding applications .i am not into gaming . i have not played a game for like 5 years now :D. i do download movies and watch them on my computer . i also use microsoft office extensively. i will be completing my bachelor degree in marketing in like 5 months now . and join another university in the beginning of 2013 for doing MBA(masters) in marketing . other than this i dont use any specific softwares but with new university and new courses .you never know which software they ask to use :apple: i dont have a problem with screen resolution i think .just that the screen should look appropriate in size .like i dont have to sit within the screen of laptop to see what i am writing . hope you got my point :p

4. Muscle macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Get a mbp and an iPad. 13" mbp + iPad 3 should be within ur budget