should i buy a macbook now or wait til june for the supposed updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by adammusic, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. adammusic macrumors 6502


    Jun 6, 2007
    and also. where can i get a simple sleeve with no straps for a 13 in macbook. with no logo on it. im looking for something very simple.
  2. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

    Feb 8, 2008
    London, UK
    I'm waiting for a new MB, I only need to get one myself for September.

    And I know this sounds obvious... but they sell MB sleeves on the Apple Online Store - or at least they do in the UK.
  3. Jman14 macrumors 6502

    Apr 17, 2008
    Okay if you need the MB then just get it.....

    And the only thing the June the are gonna re-do if a update is acculty (sp) issued is the Aluminum casing so if you want the blackbook or whitebook you would have to get it now or wait if they do update it is buy a black or white one refurbished
  4. QCassidy352 macrumors G4


    Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

    we don't know there will be am update in June. That's speculation. The current MacBooks are fast, stable, and less than 2 months old. I think it's a good time to buy.
  5. Ferrari83 macrumors newbie

    Apr 9, 2008
    I think you better wait and see.. since June is not so far~~~
  6. .:R2theT macrumors 6502

    Jul 1, 2007
    It really depends on when you need it.

    If I hadn't just bought one in January I would be waiting for sure. But not because of the tech. specs. I would be waiting because of "green" reasons. This next round of portables will coming in line with Apples intent to rid it's lines of certain chemicals. Just the fact that the next MacBook(or whatever) will more than likely get the LED display is more than reason enough to wait if you don't need it. Apples whole range is going to get very "green" by the end of this year.
  7. nidserz macrumors 6502a


    Mar 28, 2008
    Dubai x Toronto
    This question is killing me. I had almost 100% decided to buy one next week when im done school but i keep reading too much about the rumored updates...
    I don't think I can wait that long, not because i need the laptop, but because its eating me a live that i want one so badly! LOL. I've been wanting one since January and waited for the Feb announcement, the Air, but wasn't feeling that. Now i have to wait again till June. I just have a feeling that this time I don't wait its actually gonna happen!

    If Apple were to announce the new MB when would they normally ship out? Perhaps like the iPhone? 6months later or more like the Air, just after?

    I guess I have 4 days more of playing this game back and forth and I might get a refurbished one until I hear from Jobs in June and if I like what I see sell the refurb and buy the new model. Oh technology :p

    Still waitin' to get my first :apple:
  8. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

    Mar 15, 2008
    If you want to be a guinea pig then buy in June, if not then buy now.
  9. dlubis macrumors member


    Apr 9, 2008
    just bought a black MB 2.4GHz this afternoon, it's a great notebook & worth the money... so, why wait...?
  10. Eraserhead macrumors G4


    Nov 3, 2005
    It'll be late July when the updates actually come, when Apple has some volume in the chip shipments from Intel, a late July release also doesn't clash with with the iPhone SDK.
  11. nidserz macrumors 6502a


    Mar 28, 2008
    Dubai x Toronto
    thanks. yup, i'm not waiting that long and no guinea pig here hehe. picking up my macbook on tuesday! :D
  12. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

    Feb 28, 2008
    Me too for college.
    I was gonna buy one on monday but have decided to put it off.
  13. bbbensen macrumors 6502

    Feb 24, 2008
    There is nothing pointing to a Al MacBook. I dont think they will release one because the Al is for the better macs- iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro. The MacBook and Mac Mini are white, because they are the lower end machines (to any one with a Mac Mini or MacBook, this itsnt suppose to sound mean). Its all just speculation. In June, they might not even release a new one.
  14. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Sep 4, 2006
    Guinea pig from what?? If your considering rev a stuff then this one doesnt apply as it will have a montevina platform which is actually rev. B from the current penryn SR platform macbooks. Not to mention the aluminum casing is a plus and same led screen as the current mba. If the rumors are true they will shave off a pound or two.

    I am 99.99% sure that it will be updated in June, as apple uses intel now and they have to follow what intel has to offer and keep up with the rest of the vendors.

    I recently sold my 17" hi RES mbp because its too much for my needs and wanting either a mb or mba. But since I don't game the MacBook will do just fine and I will gladly wait the 1.5 months for the new MacBooks.

    Don't get me wrong if you absolutely need a laptop now I say buy the current MacBooks as they are great, but if you can wait a month or two at most then you should wait.

    LED backlighting imho is well worth it, after using led backlit display on my 17" and previous sr mbp I can never go back to ccfl.
  15. krye macrumors 68000


    Aug 21, 2007
    If you've held out this long, you might as well hold out for another month or so. Maybe we'll see LED displays on the net rev. (and a standard SuperDrive for crying out loud.)

Share This Page