Should I buy a Macbook Pro now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jertise, Aug 21, 2013.

  1. Jertise macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2013
    #1
    I want a new laptop for school and I'm giving into buying a macbook but I can't decide whether to buy the current ones or wait for the refresh?

    This discussion has probably already come up many times but I just had to ask because it's killing me waiting for my new laptop. I can get the base 13 inch macbook pro for 999 with the student discount and I think that its just a steal but if they refresh the macbook pro in 2 months I will feel like a complete idiot.

    To add on to this problem I'm concerned that if I do give in to wait for the refresh the non-retina macbooks will discontinue and I am not willing to pay for a macbook over $1300! Do you think they would lower the price of retinas on the refresh or if they dont discontinue the non-retina pros what do you guys think the price will be with the refresh?

    999 for a pro is awesome and I'm like mentally restraining myself from buying it every second but If I end up waiting for the refresh and its too expensive i will probably cut my gonads off. what should i do??
     
  2. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2004
    #2
    I'd wait. When they refresh the refurbished prices go down even more! Refurbished is an awesome deal. I've bought two macs refurbished before and plan to buy a 13 rmbp at the next refresh.
     
  3. bobnugget macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2006
    Location:
    Kent, England
    #3
    Chances are they will refresh them in the next two months, and hopefully they'll have great battery life and decent graphics.

    You should be able to pick up a nice deal on a refurb non-retina straight after the refresh if they do discontinue them. Also, you might be able to get one of the current rMBPs refurbished or on clearance at a good price.

    I'm waiting for the refresh to replace my 2010 MBP 15".
     

Share This Page