Should I buy a Macbook Pro now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jertise, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Jertise macrumors newbie

Aug 21, 2013
    I want a new laptop for school and I'm giving into buying a macbook but I can't decide whether to buy the current ones or wait for the refresh?

This discussion has probably already come up many times but I just had to ask because it's killing me waiting for my new laptop. I can get the base 13 inch macbook pro for 999 with the student discount and I think that its just a steal but if they refresh the macbook pro in 2 months I will feel like a complete idiot.

To add on to this problem I'm concerned that if I do give in to wait for the refresh the non-retina macbooks will discontinue and I am not willing to pay for a macbook over $1300! Do you think they would lower the price of retinas on the refresh or if they dont discontinue the non-retina pros what do you guys think the price will be with the refresh?

999 for a pro is awesome and I'm like mentally restraining myself from buying it every second but If I end up waiting for the refresh and its too expensive i will probably cut my gonads off. what should i do??
  2. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Apr 21, 2004
    I'd wait. When they refresh the refurbished prices go down even more! Refurbished is an awesome deal. I've bought two macs refurbished before and plan to buy a 13 rmbp at the next refresh.
  3. bobnugget macrumors regular

Nov 15, 2006
    Kent, England
    Chances are they will refresh them in the next two months, and hopefully they'll have great battery life and decent graphics.

You should be able to pick up a nice deal on a refurb non-retina straight after the refresh if they do discontinue them. Also, you might be able to get one of the current rMBPs refurbished or on clearance at a good price.

I'm waiting for the refresh to replace my 2010 MBP 15".